Fr. Philip Powell, OP, writes of his path through the occult. I’ve known Philip for a number of years (he did his diaconate internship in my department when I was head of campus ministry for the Catholic Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston), but much of what he writes here is new to me.
Some other articles on the topic of contemporary Christian spirituality and the occult:
- C. G. Jung and Contemporary Spirituality (my review of Richard Noll, The Jung Cult: Origins of a Charismatic Movement. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1994).
- Von Balthasar’s Occultism (my reflections on Hans Urs von Balthasar’s foreward to the book, Meditations on the Tarot).
- Mitch Pacwa, SJ, “Tell Me Who I Am, O Enneagram.”
- Thomas G. Long, “Myers-Briggs and Other Modern Astrologies.”
- Lee Penn, “Veriditas and the Labyrinth Project.”