As I mentioned, The Oak Tree is my main webpage where I post articles I’ve published as well as final copies of some things that appear on this blog. To those who are new to this blog, especially my Adventist readers, let me draw your attention to a few articles that may interest you.
- Casta Meretrix: The Church as Harlot. Reflection on an essay by Hans Urs von Balthasar. Adventists aren’t unique in seeing the Catholic Church as a harlot–and it didn’t start with Luther, either.
- Von Balthasar’s Occultism. A leading “conservative” Catholic theologian, friend and colleague of John Paul II and Joseph Ratzinger, endorsed a book of Meditations on the Tarot.
- Catholic Sources: Ferraris’ Bibliotheca. An examination of an old source often cited by Adventist apologists.
- Differing Catholic Visions of Purgatory.
- Some things on Jewish-Christian Relations
- Attempts from ten years ago to look anew at Adventism.